At The Hotel Donaldson, we have dedicated our efforts to creating memorable experiences for our guests and our teammates by celebrating our community’s visual, culinary, literary, and performing arts. How lucky are we that we get to do what we love?
We seek service-minded, talented, and innovative individuals who can help us continue to offer our high standard of quality service. If you believe in the enjoyment of sharing your knowledge and your positive people skills with others in order to create quality experiences for our guests, we encourage you to apply.
Hotel Donaldson offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all.
Additionally, The Hotel Donaldson offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
Please fill out our application and return it to us.
Currently we are seeking to fill the positions of Front of House Manager, Guest Service Teammates, Public Space Cleaner, Housekeeping, Servers, Cooks, Pastry Chef and Dishwashers.
Front of House Manager
Reports to The Hotel Donaldson General Manager as part of the management team tasked with ensuring an exceptional guest experience while upholding The Hotel Donaldson’s Mission and Shared Values. This role has a primary emphasis on building a highly professional, efficient and motivated front of house service staff.
Bartenders, Servers, Bussers and Hosts report to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities Staffing and Training:
- In accordance with the company hiring practices and procedures, interview and hire prospective new teammates.
- Responsible for on boarding and training of Front of House teammates and maintain/update/expand the training manual and processes.
- Review teammate performance at least after three months and annually thereafter.
- Recommend disciplinary action, including write ups and recommend termination where necessary.
- In compliance with the budgeted hourly limits given by the General Manager, prepare FOH weekly schedule noless than two weeks out.
- Recommend practice changes and effectively communicate all FOH practice and operating matters toteammates.
- Ensure compliance with labor laws and company practices.
- During periods of time off ensure restaurant and lounge are covered during peak periods by another manager.
o The FOH Manager is expected to be present during peak periods including but not limited to holidays,
Thursday, Friday and Saturday Nights.
o Maintain high customer relations and deal with customer service issues as they arise.
o Ensure that opening, shift change and closing checklists are completed.
o Review reservations and establish a floor map for smooth seating.
o Assign server sections, hold pre-shift server meetings and ensure that specials for the day are
understood and dinner special menus prepared.
o Be prepared to back up all positions during peak times.
o Maintain open communication with all Back of the House teammates.
o Analyze labor needs as shift progresses and promptly send excess service team home.
o Closely monitor consistency and quality of product throughout service.
o Ensure Daily Sales Report, journal notations, shift reports, server cash drop procedure is being followed.
- Research and utilize competitive, market and guest demographic trends in the development of FOH strategies, menu offerings and pricing.
- Develop annual revenue, budget and guest satisfaction FOH business goals in conjunction with General Manager.
- Develop and implement strategies for FOH operations, marketing and sales that support achievement of the identified business goals.
- Analyze business results on a regular basis and take action to improve results as appropriate.
- Develop and implement Operating procedures and standards that support teammates in their effort to deliveroutstanding service.
- Evaluate Food and Beverage service quality and service levels regularly and implement strategies to improveareas of concern.
- Attend and contribute to regular management meetings.
- Report maintenance issues to the hotel front desk and work with maintenance team to correct these issues.
- Conduct a regular FOH inventory of supplies and order supplies on a regular basis.
- Maintain a secure, clean, organized, and prepared restaurant/lounge.
- Maintain and be responsible for a proper record of payroll, working closely with GM on hotel procedures,proper forms, etc.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and respect in all interpersonal relationships.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent people management skills, communication (oral and written) and listening skills with a strongcustomer/guest focus.
- Flexible and adaptable to change with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Internally motivated and detail orientated.
- Have passion and positive attitude for teaching others.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with results driven focus.
- Knowledge of North Dakota labor laws, Health Codes, Safe Food Handling and Sanitation, Safety and Security
systems and procedures.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, days, nights, weekends and holidays with punctual and reliable attendance.
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food and kegs frequently weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.Education:
- High School or Equivalent.
- Five plus years prior professional experience in restaurant management.
- Coursework in restaurant management preferred.
- Proficient in computer operations including point of sale, word, excel and outlook.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Please send resume or contact via email:
General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Fargo, ND 58102 701-478-1000 www.hoteldonaldson.com